Saturday, February 5, 2011

First part: MVC.net & jqGrid

This is the first part of a series of posts in which I am going to explain my solution for a fully functional data table with sorting, searching, filtering and paging functionalities. For reaching my goal I am using ASP.NET MVC 2.0 with jQuery (http://jquery.com/)and the jqGrid (http://www.trirand.com/blog/)plugin. I was browsing the internet looking for a solution, but I was not able to find a complete working solution. To be more precise I found some solution, but they were always buggy with common errors for example using simple string sorting for all data types. Basically, this examples were using string comparison, which for example is not evaluating  correctly on dates or on integers. A concrete example: Given numbers from 1 to 15 the sorted result would be 1,10,11,12,13,14,15,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9.

Today I would like only to publish the sample project, to explain how to set up and to show how to use it. In the near future I will also explain more in detail some tricky parts of my solution. Today I would like only to publish the sample project, to explain how to set up and to show how to use it. In the near future I will also explain more in detail some tricky parts of my solution.

The project can be downloaded by the following url:
http://cid-a8f4afb63c503b89.office.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/MvcJqGrid.zip
It is enough to unzip and to start the solution.

Have fun to investigate about my approach!

No comments:

Post a Comment